Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, April 28, 2005

SHOUT WITH JOY

After months of no rain - the last couple of days the Gold Coast has been been drenched.

This morning I woke up to the rain falling on our roof - I love that sound. As I do every morning when I get up I look out the window to see what the sky looks like. The rain was falling softly and specks of sunglight was shining through the clouds and hints of blue were being revealed.

What a morning to be alive - this morning in my daily devotions I read from Psalm 100: 1-5

"SHOUT WITH JOY before the Lord, O Earth!

Obey him gladly; come before him, singing with joy.

Try to realise what this means - the Lord is God! He made us - we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Go through his open gates with great thanksgiving; enter his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless his name.

For the Lord is always good. He is always loving and kind, and his faithfulness goes on and on to each succeeding generation."

Amen to that - I'm running late this morning - should be leaving for work in 15mins. Its another day and another dollar but this morning I SHOUT WITH JOY at the goodness of God and pray for another opportunity to share this with people in my community...

I heard a story yesterday of a Priest talking to children about Christ being the Shepherd and the Sheep being God's people. A child asked "well who are you" the Priest took it to the congregation as well as to the children to work out who he could be. In the corner a young girl aged 8 - said "you are the sheep dog" and the congregation laughed till the tears ran down their faces and the children glowed in the knowledge that their Priest was the Sheep Dog.....

Have a great day everyone and may the Lord be with you today.....

4 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    great post Jeannie. yes it is such a joy to see Gods creation in full bloom after the rain.

    May the lord continue to fill you with his joy no matter where you are

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks - I needed it today I can tell you.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger John said…

    Bless you Jeannie, you are our joy as well as the Lords! Great post!

    GBYAY

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Yeh well I've had a great teacher...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home