Angel wiv Attitude

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lost by 2 Goals....

Tuesday nights are Netball Nights. It has been over 15 years since I played Netball competitively and only 10 years since I played Basketball competitively. Pioneer has a Netball team and I was asked to be sub for a game late last year and I told them it had been a while since I played - they go that doesn't matter we play for fun. WRONG... they so do not and it is Indoor Netball which means we play in nets and it is fast... before I realised that the ball was coming towards me it hit me straight in the face "remember next time Jeannie put your hands up to catch the ball"

Netball is a non-contact sport so I proceeded to stomp on, elbow, trip up and push over my opponent (oops) at the end of the game the girls says - you did really well. Out of a 40 min game I probably spent 38 of those minutes out of play for contacting - remember Jeannie its Netball not Basketball. In between breaths I thank them for letting me play. I thought I was fit however the next day I was in that much pain I could not attend work - it took almost a week for my arms, legs, back, buttocks and ankles to begin moving again without going "eeeh,ohhh, owww, uhhhh".

We now have a new team this year and tonight was our 1st game of grading. We lost by 2 goals however we must have had at least 60 shots at the goal - our GS is away in NZ for the week so we didn't do too bad considering. What was meant to be my night out has turned out to be a family affair with hubby and kids - next time bring a rug and a picnic guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home