Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I Lurrrvvve Chocolate

Chocolate Makes Me Happy...it only comes out late at night when little critters are in bed so tight.

As I reflect on my day I take a piece that is filled with pineapple - yummo and let it melt in my mouth. Today I felt overwhelmed by my workload - I have had to step into my Managers role while she has been away and I've been able to stay reasonably calm and relaxed.

I take a piece that is filled with caramel and bite into it straight away - mmmm mmm mmm. The staff feel that this is time to air their complaints about her, their frustrations and disappointments. I kept thinking about "Shout For Joy" that I read this morning in my Bible.

This time I munch around the chocolate to find a strawberry centre - delic!!! and told the staff that it is not an easy job being a manager and imagine the pressure she must feel to reach targets, organise staff, deal with time frames and deadlines and communicate openly and constantly about business needs and have to attend mindless meeting after meeting....

This time I look at the pattern of the chocolate and look at the back of the paper to see what its filling is - that was lucky "its Turkish Delight" - this was put aside for hubby and I was able to find another caramel one.....

The staff were not going to get a reaction out of me and I was not going to be negative about her in front of them....sometimes it is wise to guard our tongues - especially as women....

On a positive note I went to the gym twice last week and have been twice this week - I'm still deliberating wether I should go tomorrow - being Friday....mmmm what to do????


I love plain chocolate as well - nothing better than putting it in your mouth and letting it melt till there is nothing left. Nothing beats Cadbury though and Lindt comes a close second.

Chocolate is best eaten when you don't have to share it with anyone - if you've ever seen the Cherry Ripe add on tv with the girl stealing her partner's cherry ripe - thats me. My girls are very protective when they have been given some - they guard it with their lives.

I was taught this bad habit while growing up by my dad who would watch us eating something yummy and say "look over there" I would look over "there" and before you know it my chocolate biscuit had been consumed by a Scottish Git. Somehow that trait has been passed onto me, but my girls are somewhat wiser than I was - they have been told by their dad to keep it in tight reign...

When I was in hospital before giving birth to JJ - (in and out like a yo yo with endless complications) my dad would sneak me in a crunchie bar and coke. We had to hide these from the doctors and nurses. After I had JJ I had an addiction for Crunchie's. It got so bad I had to hide it from Mal - I couldn't get by a day without having a Crunchie. Through Mal's prayers I was delivered from Crunchies and he allows me now and then to purchase one....

I lurrrrvve Chocolate....

9 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger John said…

    Me too! But it doesn't luuurrrvveee me! :(

    GBYAY

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger John said…

    Linked this at Scotwise!

    GBYAY

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for the link Scotty

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Lifeskills - you know me so well - get your own chocolate but make sure you share it with me...lol...

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for visiting my site birthbabe and for your kind words

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Charles said…

    Sure would like to have a hershey piece about now. :)

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for your kind words Phil.

    Charles, hope you got that piece of hershey by now...

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Callmeteem said…

    You made me chuckle, or perhaps chortle. I almost guffawed.
    Good post.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Tim - I'm glad you could have a larf - larfing is good for the ole bones...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home