Angel wiv Attitude

Monday, June 20, 2005

Wonderful Smells from the Kitchen

I walked in the front door tonight after a busy day at work with my children screaming my name as they ran down the hall "mummy mummy" and there were wonderful smells coming from my kitchen....

I walk in with the girls hanging off my legs and hugging me saying "I missed you I missed you" and there is Mal stirring sauce over the stove getting dinner all ready to dish out...

Is there something wrong with this picture???????? NO!!! larf larf.

I would have liked to have said the house was spotless (it was clean though), with the table set and on it were glowing candles and freshflowers in place and being served with a 3 course meal...but you can't have everything...and what would I dream about????

It is school holidays for the next 2 weeks and Mal has today and tomorrow off. I so tried to creep out of the house this morning without making a sound but the hairdryer is so noisy - and it would be great if they made a microwave that didn't beep - as it was they were all fast asleep when I left this morning...

I found it really hard to not feel jealous - knowing that they were off to the park with their scooters, off to McDonalds for some lunch and then making plans for a trip to the movies tomorrow to see Madagascar....Its so great that Mal can have time out with the girls - he works a lot but the time that he does have off he is always doing something with them....

The girls will spend the rest of the school holidays with my mum and dad who will keep them busy with trips to the shops, more visits to McDonalds and time spent doing arts and crafts - oh and getting to watch endless movies on the Disney Channel (talk about spoilt).

They have another 2 weeks holidays in September in which I will have one week off and boy am I looking forward to that - there is nothing better than looking forward to having time off and we will probably spend most of it down at the beach....so I guess I will just have to be patient and bide my time...

For those of you who have been wondering about my decision regarding my current position at work - and for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about then read this post - and if you have - then my decision was to stay "where I am" (for the time being). I thought long and hard about this and was able to speak with my manager in regards to this - she was extremely pleased that I would stay on to help her out.

So here I am trying to stride ahead of God (yet again) and the one thing (not the only thing) that I heard on Sunday morning during the sermon confirmed my decision and that was "you don't have to try and prove who you are" and this is so true. I spend my time working hard trying to prove that I'm good enough - trying to prove that I'm worthy of promotion. Yet God sees me from a different perspective - he already thinks I'm good enough and that I am worthy and that he died for my sins so that I may live a full and abundant life - who am I to worry...

So Lord, I'm sorry for the worrying and I lay my life in your hands (again) and ask that you guide my way and shape my path....and thank you for my wonderful family who embrace and support me in all areas of my life.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    What wisdom you have and what a great worker wife and mother you are and I think you deserve to be spoiled after a hard days work.

    God is still in control of your life and has much much more in store for you.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Mal - I appreciate the kind words - im a princess im a princess im a princess


    Thanks Jean - amen and amen

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger John said…

    Wonderful post Jeannie, you are a great story teller, just like someone I know! :)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I. Want. To. Go. To See. Madagascar.!!! Now!! Wait - its 5am in the morning and I have to go the cube farm. Wish I was a kid!!!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Scotty - yeh I wonder where I get the story telling from...mmm...

    Hey Meg - we never got to see that movie Hating Allison Ashley...however the girls loved Madagascar - said it was absolutely hilarious.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Charles said…

    What a wonderful post Jeannie.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Callmeteem said…

    A loving family is a wonderful gift.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Charles, thanks for stopping by - appreciate your kind words.

    Hey Tim - I couldn't agree with you more...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home