Angel wiv Attitude

Sunday, April 03, 2005

A Challenging Sunday Morning Service

Last night prior to walking out the door with hubby and girls to have a family night out at the movies we get a phone call.

The phone call consisted of our keyboardist and bass player not being able to play at church due to sickness (can't reveal what it is - but let me say it has something to do with the "bottom" part of the body)

This left me the worship leader for tomorrows service, another vocalist and the drummer. We did have a guitarist until several months ago when he inconvenienced us all by getting married and moving to Brisbane (but we still love him).

What to do - allow this news to spoil our family night out or just deal with it in the best possible attitude. Leaving it to the back of my mind we went and saw Robots at Harbour Town - fabulous movie - the best part was watching and listening to the girls larfing and enjoying themselves.

Okay - about church this morning...I got a compilation of songs together on a cd and I only picked four songs - keep it short and sweet of course. It ended up just me and cd - thats okay - sound was good....then the unforseeable during the service...

You know when a cd is stuck and it keeps sticking - people are looking at me while the line is stuck on "love to praise love to praise love to praise love to praise" and it goes to the next line - I keep smiling looking like I know what I'm doing.....get to the next line "you name is your name is your name is" and jumps to the 3rd verse...oh dear not good. The song finally finishes - Praise the Lord - lets sing and worship regardless of the circumstances.

2nd song - goes from bad to worse - the skipping and the scratching - terrible - it wasn't like this in practice I promise. The tears start pushing from behind my eyeballs - while I'm singing "ill be living with you in the morning i'll be living with you in the night (funky song) the brain is going "hold it together hold it - don't lose it" then I hear the words again of the song we are singing " you pick me when I am down" and these words were able to allow my mind to focus on Jesus rather than the miserable failings around me and myself. Thankfully the second song finished and I was halfway there.

The last 2 songs went without too much havic - and managed to save face.

What did I learn from this experience - to have a sweet spirit, have a positive attitude when things look bad and to be able to step up to the base when needed.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger John said…

    I thought you were brilliant, sometimes you are too hard on yourself! Everybody I spoke to said it was brilliant!

    Look on the brightside of things, Brian could have been on the organ!!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    I must have been at another church this morning as I never heard any of what you are talking about, I guess I was just making a joyful noise to the Lord.

    You did real good.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can tell even from here that it was faboo!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger maverick mindset said…

    I thought they were tears of Joy! The worship was really powerful! You should stuff it up more often!!!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks all for the encouragement - nothing like family to pep you up...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home