Angel wiv Attitude

Monday, March 28, 2005

EASTER SUNDAY - Lunch

Welcome to my diner....a feast has been prepared for six hungry mouths....

Main:

Roasted Vegetables - Drizzled in Garlic Oil
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Curried Silverside

Dessert:

Orange Cake - with Cream
Easter Eggs (galore)


The main was incredibly delicious considering the kitchen was at least 50degrees - we had to put the airconditioner on so that we could enjoy the meal in a comfortable setting.

I have never cooked this Orange Cake recipe before so I thought I would give it a try. If you would like the recipe - see below:

Ingredients:

2 large oranges
6 eggs
500g sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
550g ground almonds (almond meal)

To make the cake:

* place the whole oranges in a saucepan with enough water to cover
* simmer for 1 hour or until the oranges are completely tender
* to ensure the orange skins are not bitter, change the simmering water up to 3 times
* cut the oranges in half, remove the seeds and puree the orange flesh and peel in a blender

butter and flour 2 x20cm springform tins and line the bottoms with baking paper (a must)

beat the eggs and sugar until pale and thick

combine the baking powder and ground almonds

fold into the eggs and fold in the orange puree

pour into the prepared tins and bake on the centre shelf of a preheated 180 degrees
for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cakes comes out clean

turn the cakes out onto a cake rack to cool

Serve with cream
........Chinois, South Yarra, Vic

4 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stop, stop! you are making me hungry! I've never tried curried silverside but it sounds delish!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger John said…

    Mum and I had a great time Jeannie, the Silverside was fantastic! So was the Pure Blond!

    I NEED to start walking this week!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger prying1 said…

    Sorry I missed this meal. Be a bit for the airfare for me to make it next year so you will have to post the recipes a few days earlier. -(:-) - GBYAY -

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks prying1 for visiting my site - shame you had to miss out seeing as I am such a good cook but I'm sure Scotwise can give you a quick run down on how it tasted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home