Angel wiv Attitude

Monday, March 28, 2005

GOOD FRIDAY - Gardening

This holiday weekend I decided it was time to deal with the mess that was out of control in our front yard.

It started off as a weed on the neighbours side and to control this I have sprayed weed killer to stop it from reaching our little garden. I have done this several times as it has threatened to overtake.

However seeing as I'm not much of a green thumb and we work during daylight hours - you get to the weekend and its like - Its too hot, I'm too tired, have too many things to do or I'll get out in the garden later, or I'll do it tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and its, I'll do it next week.

Next week never came. Before our eyes grew this M O N S T E R of a weed which not only overtook our little garden but jumped the driveway to the other side of the garden. We got home one evening from work and our neighbours were out assessing the monster. We decided that when it gets a little cooler that we will pick a weekend and tackle it together. I didn't know how this was going to happen as they are only a young couple and they stay up late and sleep till midday.

So come Good Friday I'd had enough - "Mal - roll your sleeves up" and we got stuck into it - it was hot -really hot and we managed to strangle the monster. However half way thru our clean up we had no room to put the mess - as the tip was closed due to a public holiday. We fitted most of it in our bins but we had to leave the rest to the side of the driveway and at the bottom of the garden.

Saturday Mal worked and I had too many chores to do (escaping housework by going shopping) so we never got to clean up the left over debris. Easter Sunday when we arrived home from church the monster was gone and so was the debris - next door neighbours had kindly lifted the mess and put it in their bins...what are neighbours for.

We now found out that there is a tree growing there with a few little shrubs..which had been fighting for survival...I still don't know what to do with this little garden but I know it needs a makeover!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ..but at least you conquered the MONSTER!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home