Angel wiv Attitude

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Surprise Visit

I walked in the door late this afternoon after having been out all day with my girls. What happened to doing housework and grocery shopping???? aaahhh do that tomorrow. I'm the biggest procastinator when it comes to household chores - don't get me wrong - it does get done - well eventually....and usually 5 mins before the store closes - well thats how you get bargains girls...

So I walk in the door and I hear hubby on the phone trying to give someone directions how to get to our place - he's going go this way and go that way oh and turn around "no don't go that way". I say here give me the phone - its Brent one of our dearest friends. I tell him ok turn left, up the hill, second park on the left then turn left into that street and first right - wa la he's knocking on the front door.

He was in town so he popped into see us. His wife Celia was at a Woman's conference in Sydney called Colour Your World. He brought with him some easter eggs for the girls and some textas and hairbands and hairclips for JJ for her birthday. As usual they were all over him - hugs and kisses saying "thank you thank you".

So a surprise visit turned into knocking back a bottle of merlot and downing 3 large pizzas (on a break from the South Beach - oops) Some of our fondest memories with Brent is listening and playing to music. I asked him if he had any new music - he goes out to his car and comes back with probably 200 cds. We listed to The Cure, Brian Ferry, Crowded House, Sting - Mal downloaded some Hunters and Collectors songs and of course listened to Mercy Me latest album Undone.

Its nights like these that I always find so relaxing and refreshing - feels like I've had a bit of a weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger John said…

    Wow! Looks like you had a great time, bless you, its not as if you don't deserve it. Love the new profile!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pictures!! The people want pictures!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger John said…

    What people!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home