Angel wiv Attitude

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Happy Birthday Auntie Margaret

Today Auntie Margaret would have been 71 years old - happy birthday. My sister posted a picture of her today on her blog and I thought cool I'll go and get one of my favourite pictures of her at Sanctuary Cove and scan it in. Do you think I could find it? I've searched everywhere - hi and low to no avail. So I thought I know there is a picture of her in my wedding photos - do you think I can find my wedding photos?? I haven't seen that album since we moved last year - DOH!!!

I will just have to relay my memories of that day at Sanctuary Cove. She was up here on holidays not long after Uncle Charlie had died and me and the girls thought we would take her out for a day trip to Sanctuary Cove. It was another beautiful sunny day on the Gold Coast and we walked through the shops, looked in windows, visited the confectionary shop and ate fish and chips down by the water. We were sitting near a group of people and she says I know that man. I also knew this man but couldn't put a name to the face. We sat there for ages trying to figure it out then I remembered "it was Pat Cash" an Australian Tennis Player.

She said it is always rude to keep staring at famous people, so we chatted away, glad now that we had solved the identity of the mistery man. During our conversation she kept looking over to PC and said "I wonder who that young girl is, he is with?" we'd have a discussion and worked out that it could have been his daughter. During this time Auntie Margaret must have stared at PC at least 50 times....she would remind the girls - its rude to stare at people...larf larf

We got back to mum and dads place and she said she'd had a wonderful day......

I miss you Auntie Margaret....may you be dancing in heaven with Uncle Charlie and singing with the angels...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jeannie - what a beautiful story to remember Auntie Margaret by.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Yeh - it just makes me mad I couldn't find the fotie...your picture of her was beautiful

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger John said…

    Thanks Jeannie for the tribute to Aunty Margaret, it was beautiful!
    GBYAY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home