Angel wiv Attitude

Monday, March 14, 2005

Preparation Of JJ's 10th Birthday

Boy am I exhausted. It gets harder as they get older. You can't keep much from them. We are giving her my old mobile phone with a new cover, lanyon and had to get her a new no. and she has got $30 credit. She has been asking for a mobile phone for the last year. She knows how to use it, send text and play games and I've told her she has to wait till she's twelve. She said "MUM" when I was seven you said I could have a phone when I'm 10. They never forget a thing and they make sure you never forget that they haven't forgotten.

She sees my old sim on the bedside table this morning and says "whats that sim card for" doh...ummm ooohhh I know "I have just switched from Telstra to Optus for cheaper calls" she's onto me....

Last night homer (oops I mean hubby) refused to help me blow up 100 balloons (a tradition) so I hand pumped them, then had to tie them, oh my fingers were numb after no. 63. I finally rope hubby into transferring the balloons from the loungeroom to her bedroom. All that done I start preparing the table for tomorrow mornings sumptuous feast of "pancakes" with the birthday table cloth and the birthday sign and "P O P" what the....okay so JJ wakes up 9 hrs early to see her balloons - she goes back to sleep with a smile on her face

Next I start to mop the floor (11pm at night - can't stand the ants hovering on any tiny morsel of food they can find) "P O P" JJ comes out again - need to go to the toilet - its amazing I didn't have to change her sheets!!!!! What is with these balloons - they contintued to POP when I fell into bed exhausted after trying to change the flaming mobile phone cover which wouldn't go on at 12.30am.

I'm just drifting off to sleep into fantasy land and most people know how sensitive to noise I am "P O P" - I jump out of bed thinking where am I, whats happened... ohh the balloons, the balloons. I go back to sleep I think by this time it was 2am. Boy are those balloons loud I think it has to do with the long tiled hallway where the noise just echoes to our room (speaking of frights I just got frightened as one of my staff crept up behind me and I should be working...) anyways where was I oh I drift off to sleep again and "P O P" well this time my right arm flung out and smacked hubby right in the middle of his back as I got such a fright, lucky he wasn't lying on his back..

Needless to say I'm exhausted and I'll never buy balloons from Crazy Clarks ever again. I'll be surprised if there is any left by the time I get home from work. Our pancake feast was yummy and she was so excited - we only let her open a few gifts and the rest for tonights party.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home