Angel wiv Attitude

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Meglet

It was my eldest sisters birthday on Monday 21st March, 2005 and she is just about approaching "over the hill".

I spent my Friday lunchtime running around with 2 of my work colleagues looking for a gift for her because as usual I leave everything to the last minute. I tell the my work colleages (P&S)that I'm heading down the street (which is actually up) to get my sister a pressie. They go "can we come" I said fine as long as long as they are aware I'm looking for a present. We usually spend Fridays talking about the Hindu, Jehovah Witness & Christian faith - and people think we gossip....

Anyways I'm in the card store - if you know me - I have to find the right card - not any card but the right card - after P & S pick up lots of filth which they think is absolutely hilarious I come upon the "right card" - so I go to pay for it and as usual I don't have cash in my wallet - and the card store only take minimum of $10 bucks - I'm not going to buy something I don't need just to use eftpos. So I leave A&B to go find an ATM and I find them in the chemist looking at hideous eyeshadows - you can get your sister this or that - so absolutely not.

The urge to go to the toilet comes upon me - gotta go girls and leave them wondering what the... I come back and now they are looking at perfume sachets to put in your underwear drawer - P & S go "what do you think about this as a pressie" I say in my most polite voice without being so utterly horrified - no I think I saw some earrings on the way back from the toilet.

Time is ticking (only have an hour for lunch) we go to where they are selling earrings - one of those quaint indian shops that is in a tent thingy - but they are all too gaudy - I hear
P & S larfing their heads off and they come over to me with a tiny box - they say here touch this - so I touch it and aaaghhhhhhh I got the biggest fright of my life - a snake comes out of the box and bites my thumb - I got such a fright I jumped so high I almost knocked over the tent with all the jewlerry and nic nacs in it - the owner of the store gave us such a dirty look. After i composed myself I saw the most beautifulist pink sarong and go "thats it" (time is ticking).

After purchasing it, I realise I need an express post envelope from Aust Post and do you think you can just walk in and walk out in 1 min - NO! 10 minutes later and P & S have finally stopped larfing - say lets go to Woolies as we need lunch - tick tock - after watching them painfully take their time choosing what to eat.. I've got the pressie, the postage envelope - the card!!!

We make it back to work by the skin of our teeth and P&S said that wasn't much of a shopping trip as they would like to spend more time browsing - HELLO they didn't have to come with me but I'm sure they'll think twice about coming shopping with me. The present wrapped and posted, I could sit back an relax - errr get back to work.

Come Monday I send back and forth emails - have you got the card - no card - what address did you send it to - no card in the arvo - no card the next morning FINALLLLY the card arrives and with it is a surprise package - hope you enjoy it Meglet.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you so much Jeannie - I truly loved it. And I felt super special getting it at work too! I've also laughed my head really about your adventures buying it...your friends sound hilarious!

    Thank you and I love you
    Meg.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger John said…

    Great post Jeannie, sounds like you had a great time! love the photo!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger John said…

    Great post Jeannie! Janet said some nice things too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home