Angel wiv Attitude

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Australia in Shock

All Australians have been following the story of Schapelle Corby who almost 8 months ago was caught with 4.1kg marijuana in her boogie board bag in a Bali Airport.

We have watched numerous news and current affairs programs on wether she is guilty or innocent over this time. We have watched her cry and break down, pleading her innocence.

She has now been through the trial proceedings in Bali - her lawyers trying to give evidence that she is not guilty and that the drugs were planted in her bag by someone else.

Yesterday the verdict was to be revealed of her fate by the Indonesian Court. It was like a media circus and all of Australia stopped to await the news....

I was in the boardroom at work with all my colleagues watching the proceedings, waiting, whispering, praying, hoping...

I personally believe that Schapelle is innocent........

Then the verdict was announced "20 years imprisonment and a $10,000 AUD fine"

The boardroom was quiet with shock, tears forming in the staffs eyes as they watched her breakdown and then taken from the public eye back to the Bali Jail....

I will pray for Schapelle.......Australia she needs our prayers

How many Australians will now travel to Bali as a holiday destination?????? Not me thats for sure!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Phil Morgan said…

    Hi Jeannie!
    Came across your blog while surfing. I don't know whether you knew we'd moved to the USA about 2 years ago. Nice to read about you guys and the family. If you want to see what we're up to you can click on my name and it will take you to my blog, and that in turn can link you to our church web site.

    P.S. The Schapelle Corby verdict is terrible. We're praying for her also.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Phil,

    I was so excited when I saw your comment and jumped up and down with excitement...we heard that you had moved to the States but didn't realise it has been 2 yrs..will send you guys an email to catchup..will get to your blog and website... so great to hear from you...

    In regards to Schapelle - it looks like she is going to get some help from new lawyers and they are going to appeal the sentence....

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger John said…

    My prayer are with you Jeannie, this is the worst travesty of justice I have ever seen!

    Not that their laws are bad, it's the Judges and lawyers etc., who are corrupt! There was no way he was going to find her not guilty from the start, I mean, he said that he has never found anyone not guilty in 42 cases! What chance did Schappelle have?

    But our prayers will be answered in this case!

    GBYAY

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    My Goodness Jeannie! I did not know about this story as I have had my heads in books and studies. I sure hope she gets an appeal!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    John - I couldn't agree more - what hypocrites - they who look down their noses and they are the ones up to their nose in crime...as long as Schapelle reaches out to God he will find her and help her

    Karen - it is a very sad story but believe that she is strong and will get through this..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home