Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Watching the Sunrise

This morning I woke up and it was still dark outside and our house is fairly cold as we have tiled floors and no curtains in our living area (we are surrounded by complete privacy) and when we bought the house we were told by the agent that it was insulated (NOT).

I have woken up and spent my time in prayer for my family, friends,church and community and also for my work situation. Everyday seems to bring new pressures and added responsibilities. There are times when I get down about working full time and wishing that I could spend the time at home taking care of the house and being there for when the girls came home from school.

There are two girls at work who work part-time and I feel jealous that they only work 3 days a week (larf larf). I stayed at home when my girls were born until my youngest started pre-school. So I have spent their formative years with them at home - I slowly went back into the workforce part time before going to work full time a year later.

I know that this is for a season only (how long Lord??) and I know that if I was at home full time that I would get restless very easy - I do find it hard to stay still - that is until I get home of an evening when I'm exhausted (lol).

I've looked out my windows this morning and seen the beauty of God - the colours in the sky as the sun rises - red hues and golden glows, the hint of blues and the rays shining through the clouds. I look out on my yellow roses that are starting to bloom (and my weeds) and I begin to praise God and thank him for the many blessings that he has bestowed on me.

I thank God for my working full time because it has helped us pay for the high mortgage on our home, to be able to provide clothes for the girls and to help pay for their violin lessons, netball games and for the fun outings we go on. I thank God for a supporting husband who helps me in every area of our life - for his provision and for his love. I thank God for my two beautiful princesses that are a gift from heaven and I am thankful of parents who help me with the girls after school - for their neverending love and support.

I thank God as I'm reminded of his word in Psalm 119:105 "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path". He has given me everything I need to live life abundantly and it is in his word - Give thanks in all circumstances, Praise Him, Draw near to him.

This morning while I have been writing this blog I have made pancakes for my family - I usually only make them on special occassions. The girls usually eat breakfast together when they first wake up and Mal and I usally eat something in between showers, doing hair, packing lunches, tieing shoe laces. My family will wake up to worship music, freshly cooked pancakes, candles glowing and the table set - why? because they are all a blessing to me...

As I think about my day ahead - the complaints awaiting an answer, the staff awaiting answers to their questions, the meetings I have to attend and finding out how to cope with 3 staff members leaving in the next week because these people are not being replaced...

I read in my bible this morning in Proverbs 16:1-3 " We can make our plans, but the final outcome is in God's hands. We can always "prove" that we are right, but is the Lord convinced? Commit your work to the Lord, then it will succeed".

I thank you Lord for this day - I thank you that no amount of worry or stress will make the work easier but I commit my work to you, I commit my family to you and I commit my life to you. Thank you for your love, blessings and abundance for my life and for my family. Amen

6 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger John said…

    My prayers and love are always with you!

    Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size--abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2Cor 12:10.(Message)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Amen Jeannie! We leave it in God's hands, it is always better. Keep being thankful and being the wonderful blessing you are!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Amen and Amen Scotty - great verse and one I will take hold of.

    Karen - thanks for your encouragement...

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    I didn't get to read this at the beginning of the day but I just think how wonderful God is that we can take time out to appreciate what he does and gives us. I was blessed today also with the younger of these princesses i was accepting a phone call and started to cough and she instantly found my bottle of water and brought it to me to help relieve my coughing.

    And as you know we has time out with the older princess with some shoe shopping. I am so grateful for the opportunities God gives us all together, I am so Blessed.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A lovely post Jeannie...

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Jean - the greatest blessing was getting 25% off those Jackets we bought - larf larf.

    Thanks Johnny...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home