Angel wiv Attitude

Monday, May 30, 2005

Blogging Away

Last night I sat for hours on the computer while everyone was in bed asleep - writing about what a wonderful weekend I had - and how the weather was beautiful and how I got to spend time with my gorgeous family.

Mal is yelling from the top end of the house - go to bed you'll be tired in the morning. I'm happily typing away, type type type...enjoying the peace and stillness of our home in the wee dark hours of the night....

The writing just flows and I'm editing and re-typing and correcting....I have my finished master piece and WA LA....the computer crashed....

It was gone - my new post - down the drains and I hadn't saved one bit of it...I had sat there for two hours labouring over my words and perfecting my phrases... it was gone in less than a minute.....so I sat there absolutely shocked and rebooted the computer - nothing, zilch, finito - gone....

So I clicked on this game Get The Paper in the Bin and wasted more time before heading to bed with my tail in between my legs (my best score is 4 - try and beat that)....

When I told Mal what happened in the morning - he just larfed and larfed (thanks darl...NOT). Needless to say work was so busy today that I didn't have time to smell the roses....never mind think about being tired...

11 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is really "Voila"

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I know how you feel!! I lost a long post the other night too and I almost died! Really, I almost died I was so shocked! I said, God do a miracle here and get that BACK! But no, it was gone, and it was meant to be gone (I guess), or I'm meant to get a new computer, I don't know! Oh, what does larf mean? And lollyjar, that's cute. Never heard that before!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger John said…

    Blogging tips #1 Never start a post when you are tired, because you pass the tiredness on to the computer and it crashes!! larf! larf! And I got 8 as my best score! :)))

    GBYAY

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger pete porter said…

    Jeannie,
    Sorry we all missed your post. Your always enlightening, and amusing. Anyway it's always nice to hear what-ever is on your mind.
    Be Blessed,
    Pete

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Phil Morgan said…

    My best score was 16! (Might have been more, but I pulled a hammie.)

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Callmeteem said…

    Appreciate your sense of humor and your blog. Blog on!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks anonymous - here in Australia - we have a bit of a weird accent...

    Sara - larf means "laugh" its just short term slang....and a lolly jar to all you americans is a candyjar...sorry to hear about your blog there is nothing more frustrating but a good lesson learnt..

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hey Scotty - larf re: Blogging tips no. 1 - I thought no. 1 was white spaces...8 is not bad.

    Pete Thanks for your kind words - as usual you are a blessing.

    Hey Phil, 16 is great - larf re the hammie - you might need a dose of coffee and donuts to get you to the next level

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Cindy, you do need to blog more - I enjoy your posts...

    Thanks Tim, appreciate your encouragement - you are a blessing

    Hi Randy: How you doing??? 7 is not bad - beat my miserley 4...larf larf re: freaking out

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of white contact lens

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THE ONLY PLACE TO SHOP FOR HYDRO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home