Angel wiv Attitude

Friday, April 14, 2006

Christmas Day 2005

What a glorious day - quite a hot one (as usual in Australia). I was feeling quite low as it was a quiet day with the four of us plus mum and dad. I was missing my older sister and her husband and my younger sister and nephews.....they make their own plans usually for christmas and I was reminicising about the old days when we used to have a lot of people in our home on Christmas and all our family would get together and have a bbq...and for the last couple of years I was starting to feel like I'm the only child in our family...everyone's off doing their own thing...Auntie Margaret & Uncle Charlie have gone....

I was looking out the window (feeling sorry for myself) and I saw this rainbow and I knew that God was watching over me and he knew how I felt. I needed to appreciate what I had around me...look to the future not the past...


I know too that mum and dad feel the absence of family but that doesn't stop them blessing and bringing joy to us - especially the girls. So this year mum put on a seafood extravaganza and I've never eat so many prawns, oysters and salmon in my life.....it was a beautiful serene day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home