Angel wiv Attitude

Friday, April 22, 2005

An extremely embarrassing moment........

Why me - why oh why me I ask myself???

In my lunch break this afternoon I went up the street with two of the girls from work. I thought that I would buy some lollies for everyone in our department - seeing as the "sugar rush" hits around 2.30pm every afternoon and there is never anything sweet to eat and it was Friday (definitely worth celebrating).

We went to the Paradise Centre and casually browsed through the shoe stores and handbags and had a look at some jewellery then we headed down the escalators to Woolies.

As I was getting off the escalator I put my leg forward but it felt like I was stuck - what the?????? people were starting to pile on top of me but I couldn't get out of the way because I was stuck - people just kept falling onto me.

I looked down to see what the problem was and my beautiful black velvet skirt was stuck in the esclator - I could feel it starting to pull my skirt down - meanwhile more people are banging into me - I look for my friends and yell "my skirt is stuck, my skirt is stuck" they look away as if they don't know me.

So I try to pull the skirt away but as you know my wrist is sprained - I'm trying to pull at it but my wrist starts hurting like........this stage I can now start to feel my skirt getting lower and lower - HELP HELP I yell - I mean there are 600 people falling all over me, my skirt is starting to disappear into the world of "escalator nomansland" and my friends are hiding behind the potplant laughing.

The next thing I'm pushed out of the way by a gi-normous (what is it with me and giants at the moment) man who can hardly speak english and he starts to rip my skirt off the escalator. This time I'm yelling "don't rip my skirt - don't rip my skirt" .

The next thing I hear is one of my friend saying "press the stop button - press the stop button" HELLO - where have you been???? there are 600 people on the esclator - how can you press the stop button but the gi-normous man finally freed my skirt from the escalator. My skirt was ripped - my beautiful, elegant, favourite black velvet skirt is ripped.

My friends couldn't believe how upset I was about the skirt being ripped - they said at least you are not walking back to work with just your workshirt on (after that picture thought - I had to agree). What a traumatic moment.

Armed with MY favourite lollies we are waiting in the queue and the "gi-normous" man comes up and says - your skirt might be ripped but at least you are still wearing it and walks on - my face was as red as the tomatoes I was NOT holding - HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger John said…

    I would love to have been there, but then I have seen a lot of that stuff as you were growing up!

    Great post and verry funny!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Yes well - these moments tend to be a trademark of my life...

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger John said…

    I liked this so much I have linked it to my 'Around The Bilogs' ;)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    we--- ll! what can I say but it is in the genes, but in a different form you had better not laugh at me falling any more. Would loved to have been there. Great post very funny indeed.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Ma, if you had of been there you would have been screaming for the security guard to do something and thats another embarrassing moment I DONT need...

    Thanks for the link da...

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Pam,

    Thanks for visiting my site. Yes you are correct in saying that John and Jean are my mum and dad - good pick up. My elder sister is Miss Concept and my husband is Living Lifeskills - enjoy reading.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    I'm very sorry about your lovely skirt, but the story was hilarious. Really nothing to be embarrassed about unless the skirt had come off. Lucky you. ;) Did you thank the 'gi-normous' man? :)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Johnny, glad I could make you larf. No I didn't get to thank the "gi-normous" man due to the shock of my skirt being ripped and the embarassment I felt - I'm sure he understood...I hope

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    LOL, I understand those moments! Just be truly thankful you didn't lose your whole skirt. I cannot even imagine the moment of having to scramble for anyone who might lend a shirt as you run around in your underwear! Lord thank you for the man who saved Jeannie any further embarrassment.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hi Karen, thanks for visiting my site - I do have so much to be thankful for - thanks for your prayer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home