Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Working mums cook healthier meals

I got sent this great article from my dad and wanted to share it with you.

Sometimes as a working mother I feel guilty about not being there for my girls 24/7.

I was a stay at home mum until my youngest CB entered pre-school and JJ was in year 2 at primary school - so I was at home full time during their formative years.

So why do I find myself again, justifying my reasons for working fulltime???

*************************************************************************

WORKING mothers are more likely to rustle up healthy meals for their offspring than woman who stay at home and look after the children full-time, a new report concludes.

The remarkable finding undermines the widespread assumption that middle-class housewives spend part of their time preparing delicious , nutricious fare for their children.

Instead, it suggests that many career women are getting home from work and heading straight for the kitchen - not to stick on fish fingers, oven chips and beans but to steam vegetables, boil pasta and prepare a fruit salad.....continue reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home