Angel wiv Attitude

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Morning Devotions

The air is cool, the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing...its Sunday morning. Usually I am at church by now practicing with the band....as I've had tonsilitis I've had two weeks off in a row - I will be back next week.

Mal has already left for church and the girls are running in and out wearing clothes that are mismatched, not so clean and I keep sending them back until they look presentable (sorry girls)...

In my daily devotions this morning I'm reading from Psalm 85 v 8 - 13 (Living Bible Version)

" I am listening carefully to all the Lord is saying - for he speaks peace to his people, his saints, if they will only stop their sinning.

Surely his salvation is near to those who revernce him; our land will be filled with his glory.

Mercy and truth have met together. Grim justice and peace have kissed!

Truth rises from the earth and righteousness smiles down from heaven.

Yes the Lord pours down his blessings on the land and it yields its bountiful crops.

Justice goes before him to make a pathway for his steps."

I love this piece of scripture - it encourages me to listen to God and walk in his ways - this morning as I am getting ready for church I feel the arms of Jesus lovingly wrapped around me and the Holy Spirit whispering truth and love to my soul.

Lord Jesus, may this new week be filled with your love, opportunities to share your word with my work colleagues and people that come across my path and may your blessings flow upon me and my family.... I pray that all who are reading this, that God will be with you too!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger John said…

    Wow! Is God speaking to you or what? This was just a prelude to what you would hear at church!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Absolutely - is God trying to tell me something???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home