Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Things You Think About In The Middle of The Night

Ummm... not much

Ummm... whats there to eat....

No seriously, I have been thinking a lot about the Sermon dad preached at church last Sunday.

The title was something like "Jesus last Instructions" and referred to when my Auntie died several years ago and left exact instructions of how she wanted to be cremated and how she wanted mum and dad to be happy in their new home and for us not to be sad and how she wanted her funeral...

And as a family we followed these instructions out of respect, and helped live out her final wishes here on earth.

He then went to talk about Jesus and prior to ascending to heaven, he left us exact instructions in the bible in Matthew 28:16 -20 "therefore go and make disciples of all nations".

How is it that as christians we will live out the instructions of those close to us and even sometimes complete strangers, but when Jesus (who is supposed to be the centre of our life and being) has asked us to do something, we shy away from it or pretend those words don't exist.

I pray that I will help carry out these instructions and be a living example of Jesus to my friends, family and people in my community.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are daughter of a preacher and a wife of one? You poor child. :) J/K If my young daughter turns out like you, I couldn't be happier. Enjoyed your blog and have linked to it.

    Johnny

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for your kind words - Johnny. When I was a teenager I vowed that I would never marry a Pastor - look at what I've gone and done...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home