Angel wiv Attitude

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Misery Loves Company?

I came across this great post today at Broken Shivers and it so totally relates to a person who I am ministering to at work at the moment.....
_______________________________________________________

Its true, some people are addicted to misery. One of my patients joined Weight Watchers and lost 98 lbs. She looks fantastic, and this was quite an accomplishment. She should be very proud of herself. Instead, she complains that her body parts are not right now, 'ruined' she says.

I suggest if she is unhappy still to get a tummy tuck or whatever it takes. 'Too expensive' she says and says 'nothing will restore me to what I used to be' (a teenager?). She figures she might as well eat what she wants for she can't have the perfection she wants. This woman is sabotaging herself.

She can't accept happiness and apparently wants to return to her former miserable state when she literally was hating herself to death
....continue reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home