Angel wiv Attitude

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Hearing with a Spiritual Ear

Had an awesome time of worship this morning at church - even though my voice was a bit scratchy and my ears were blocking and unblocking all the time..the best part was standing with my girls - arm in arm singing about Jesus.

Then the congregation was saturated with the Word of God and this is what I took away with me...starting in Romans 8:1-9 talking about ...the mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace...

We can get caught up on the carnality of life such as watching TV shows like current affair programs and take everything that is said for gospel truth, we listen to people on the radio and even the newspapers spread their propoganda. We let these talkshows rule our life which leads us to give people unsolicited advice.

We then went on to read 1 Cor 2: 9-10 ...no eye has seen no ear has heard..... When dealing with situations in life we listen with the natural ear and act on the natural ear rather than asking God for his wisdom and listen with a spiritual ear.

We went to Revelation where it was revealed that God spoke to the Seven Churches in chapter 2 and onwards ...He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches...God repeated himself to each of the Seven Churches. Why did God have to keep repeating himself to the churches - because we don't listen with the spiritual ear??? Is that why the churches don't grow and blossom as God intends them to be???

To finish off we went to 1 Cor 12: 1-11 which talks about the Spiritual Gifts - the main theme from this scripture was the lack of discerning between good and evil spirits (distinguishing between spirits). We allow religious groups who claim to be christians come to our doors and we invite them in, however they have been decieved and they are speaking on behalf of Satan.

An example was given of a woman ringing her pastor saying that she is having problems with her husband and she is going to leave him. The pastor rings the husband and asks that he and his wife come to a meeting to discuss their marriage. She told the pastor about all her husbands failings and that he doesn't love her anymore. While the woman was talking the pastor heard the voice of the Holy Spirit and shared it with her. The pastor said that if her husband didn't love her he wouldn't be sitting there with tears in his eyes listening to everything she said. The pastor was able to minister to the wife and the husband, lead him to Jesus and send them off to live a happy and fulfilled marriage.
___________________________________________________

I needed to hear that this morning. I don't get swayed so much as by what the TV, Radio or Newspapers say but I do battle with my own thinking and trying to live out my life in the natural rather than allowing the Spirit to lead my life.

Lord I pray, that I will meditate on your word this week and that my Spiritual Ear will be tuned in to the people that need your love.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger John said…

    Amen Jeannie, what amemory!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Not bad heh - the other day I was speaking to someone on the phone and couldn't remember who I was talking to - for a minute there i thought I was losing my mind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home