Angel wiv Attitude

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Stunt Woman Takes Dive in Netball Fiasco

Tuesday Night 7.20pm - Netball starts - everyone in positions - the whistle blows.....

Prior to walking on the courts we were faced with giants - I'm not exaggerating (however you spell that???) our team consists of 7 medium height girls but tonight we were faced with 6 out of the 7 opposition team being almost 7 foot tall.

They were that tall, when I was shooting for goal (or trying) the GK (goal keeper) would stand behind me to tap the ball out of my hands - when she'd miss, her hand would come down and slap me in the forehead - what the??? I don't know how many times my forehead, arms and head were slapped from these giants.

Their arms were that long it would only take 2 throws to get it down the other end of the court (built like inspector gadgets they were). Due to the fact that we couldn't get the ball out of centre pass, never mind into the goal circle we were getting a bit frustrated.

Half time brought on a new strategy and positions were changed. I took on WA (wing attack) and our tallest defender was brought in as GA (goal attack). I thought this was great because the opposition WA was my height - no chance of getting slapped (on the forehead anyway) - wrong!!! the GK had followed me to be WD but she couldn't stop me, as I was a woman possessed getting the centre pass and feeding it to the goal circle - we began to redeem ourselves from getting thrashed, to adding a few more digits to the scoreboard.

5 mins to go we are about 10 goals behind and had caught up quite fast, the ball comes to me from centre pass but all I could see was this long lanky leg pulled out in front of me (you know like those stretchy dolls where you can stretch their arms and legs) and trips me over - all of a sudden I was doing s l o w m o t i o n - I was like a stunt women falling to the ground, rolling over and landing on my feet (looked more like an hippo, rolling in the mud).

Needless to say we lost by about 10 goals, sprained my wrist in the fall (awww) and mysterious red lumps were appearing on my forehead. What a game - hopefully next week we get to play against some dwarfs.......

3 Comments:

  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger John said…

    Great post Jeannie, very funny, my sides are sore laughing, its just like I was there and felt the pain!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger John said…

    Great post Jeannie, linked to it at Scotwise!
    GBYAY

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Scotwise - I'm glad I could put a smile to your face. We did have a larf afterwards though

     

Post a Comment

<< Home