Angel wiv Attitude

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Boy Am I Wacked.....

I certainly got wacked tonight by 7 aggressive women...what the!!!! Last week we had a really great game of netball - it was goal for goal - an amical game - we won by 1 point on the buzzer.

This week however was an entirely different story - after a hard day at work (yes I did work and didn't daydream too much and didn't surf the net at all and didn't chat for too long or go to the toilet 300 times because I drank so much flamin water....)

anyhoo..... as I was saying after a long hard day at work and a serious training session at the gym (and yes I did work up a sweat) and I'm on the treadmill running and one of the personal trainers comes up to me and says "glad to see you're back" - excuse me!! I've been back for the last couple of weeks - have you ever tried having a conversation with someone while you are running on the treadmill - you can barely breathe never mind run - and after 5 wks of not attending the gym your fitness level tends to drop - so I'm like trying to act all athletic like and pretend that I can talk meanwhile I'm praying "get lost and leave me to die on this machine"...

anyhoo...I've managed to digest again ooppss I meant digressed (is that a word - must ask Mal) after a hard day at work, serious training session at the gym our netball game is at 6pm - have you ever seen a woman in a netball skirt wearing stillettos??? sight to see I could tell you - that was me because the floor in the ladies changing room was disgraceful - trying getting changed without putting your stuff on the floor, bench or vanity top - I managed to juggle it all though - meanwhile I'm still in my stillettos trying to put my runners on and someone comes barging through the door - and guess who's standing behind the door???? ME!!! thats right I got "wacked" by the door and not only that I was pushed straight into the wall in front of me so my nose got severly squashed on the filthy slimy walls.....

anyhoo...I'm trying to tell you about the game tonight - we played against these "thugs" after my hard day at work, serious training session at the gym, fight traffic to get to the sports centre (now that is another story and we won't go there) and I get "wacked" in the ladies changeroom where my nose has been squooshed against a filthy wall and my opponent this week is a midget...however you spell it...one whack of my hips people usually go flying - not this midget - she was a rock statue - everywhere I went - there was the rock statue - she wasn't moving and I kept getting pulled up for contact - not my fault - she wouldn't move...

anyhoo....she reeeked of alcohol....beats me how someone can play with so much alcohol in them - you would think she would forget where she had to stand she had drank that much...

we were getting thrashed because they were so mean and pushy and rough and agressive and mean...and my temper was getting the better of me so much so that the spirit of violence was coming upon me....I'm praying real hard for the Lord to help me not to get upset "its just a game Jeannie - have fun" have fun when they were bulldozing us and tripping us over and being agressive

........and the rock statue wouldn't move so how was I supposed to get the ball and shoot a goal if the midget wouldn't get out of my flamin way....just as my elbow was about to be positioned in her ribs - the buzzer went and I thanked God for helping me from not committing the sin I was about to partake of..."violence"....needless to say "we lost".

soaked in sweat (I know you wanted to hear that) a girl from another team asked if any of us wanted to play an extra game - all she got was a glare and quickly exited the scene....

on the drive home I had to repent of my temper and all the bad thoughts I had about those thugs....I put on some music which helped my seething soul and thought about my precious family at home waiting for me - wanting to know how my day had been.

boy am I wacked.......

5 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Callmeteem said…

    I love my time at the gymn. My concept of competition, sadly, is comparing myself to the other guys of my advanced age.
    Good post.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger John said…

    Go Jeannie! That's my girl! Great post although I will have to step up my prayers for you! ;)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I know what you mean Trish- I used to work at a place where they had vending machines for everything - and the only time you got up out of your seat was to get a chocolate, soft drink or packet of chips - thank goodness I'm outta that place...

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Tim - don't compare yourselves to those guys - they might have "bigger" heads but you have a bigger heart.

    Thanks for your encouragement Phil, there is always a next game...

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog Randy, I'm glad you could feel part of the story.

    Mal, next time the elbows have to stay in...and up so I can shoot them goals

    Many prayers appreciated Scotty....especially when it is supposed to be a non-contact sport.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home