Angel wiv Attitude

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

I'm waiting for Mal to call me after the end of his meeting tonight - he's probably out with his buddies having coffee somewhere.

So while I'm waiting I thought I would update you on how things have been this week...

Extremely busy - I know when the staff need me to speak with a difficult client they go in this childlike voice "Jeannie..." I go YES????? can you speak to this lady - she's not happy and she wants to speak to my supervisor....

I put my adult voice on because sometimes when people ring me at home they ask to speak to my mum - what the!!!! I am the mum, anyhoo...... I got abused left right and centre by this neurotic woman who was podantic with every aspect of her mortgage - okay so one of the staff members made a mistake and I apologised profusely and fixed up her loan, but there is no need to carryon like a lunatic...after the phone call I put up a sign that says "don't bother me I'm cranky". When I wasn't looking someone took the sign down and hung it gently on my back - larf larf.....NOT!

I'm still waiting..........

On a positive note though my Manager came back on Tuesday - and said she would like to take me out to lunch and say thank you for covering her role while she was away - I was pretty shocked as I don't think she's ever said thank you for anything. It was a lovely lunch especially since I didn't have to pay (oops those Scot genes are getting out of control again).

Have you ever tried to push a wheelie bin across the yard after it has been raining for 10 days straight - in high heels and a long skirt????? (when are you coming home Mal) needless to say I didn't have time to clear the mud off because as usual I was running late....

Still waiting......

It has gotten cold here - after 9 mths of beautiful warm weather you can start to fill the chill in the air and if you don't wear a warm jacket in the office you will freeze to death because "they" don't know how to turn the airconditioning down.

So this morning I get one of my suits out that I haven't worn since last winter and notice the hem has gone on both legs at the bottom - I thought if I iron the seams in really hard that will keep them up - it appeared to work until I got out of the car and walked across the carpark - I saw these straggley cuffs hanging down - what the!!!!! so I get into work and ask if anyone has a needle and thread (as if) so one of the girls says staple them - so I stapled them and
wa-la it stayed up - no need to sew them up now... (ohhh please mum don't read this....)

waiting patiently.....

The day proceeded to go from bad to worse. I found out that the
G-Train has been suspended for 1 match - not for striking but the "intent" to strike - hello - give me a break. However, without him I know we can still win...I will pray anyway "support ye the saints"

Well looks like I'll call it a nite - can't keep my eyes open any longer......"ring ring" its the phone!!
I'm outta here

10 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger pete porter said…

    Jeannie,
    How beautifully blessed your husband is to have such a loving wife as you.
    In my neck of the woods, the Air-conditioners only work in the winter!
    Good job with the staples, I would have used ductape, something I learned from Rev-Ed.
    Be Blessed,
    Pete

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    after thirty something years teaching you how to use a needle, you still would use anything but.

    Pete says MAl was very lucky to have a wife like you all I can say is that some oeople are deceived so easy.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks Pete - I used duct tape today on the carpet underneath my desk - there was a big rip and my heels kept getting caught in it - it comes in handy that stuff.

    As for you Jean - well...what can I say - buy me a needle and thread and I will sew my trousers - I mightn't be great at sewing but I can cook good....well most of the times - except when I burnt the chicken that time...

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Thanks for mentioning my age - JEAN!!! I'll have you know its much closer to the 30 end - rather than the 40 end......

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger John said…

    I think Mal is truly blessed having a wife like you and a father-in-law like me! Some people don't know when they are well off! ;)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Absolutely Scotwise - and you should be so blessed to have a wonderful daughter like me....

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Phil, I heard this saying today: "people who are always late are much happier than those that have to wait....

    Thanks Scotty - he is truly blessed.

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger maverick mindset said…

    I'm too available. I've got to get out more often - I wonder if the missus will notice?

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I'm sure she will Mav - wouldn't hurt to have a couple of days to yourself...that is as long as it fits in with the fam....

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    I LOVE YOU!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home