Angel wiv Attitude

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

She's home....

After almost 5 weeks of being in hospital and 4 operations later mum came home on Monday.

I had the day off as it was a Pupil Free day for the girls school and I had planned to help my dad get the house ready for mum who was supposedly coming home on Wednesday. I had just got to dads and mum called to say that she was allowed to come home that afternoon.

Well we all went into action mode - the carpets had just been cleaned - the car was booked in for detailing, the girls were sent on a mission to clean up the yard after the dog and pull out weeds. My dad was sent to mums rose garden to bring it back to life and me and another lady from church were armed with disenfectant and mops and hoovers and furniture polish.

We scrubbed, we mopped, we hoovered we stopped for drink breaks (it was hot) we gardened (well dad and the girls did). Then welcome home cards were made, I was sent shopping for groceries and dad went to Red cross to pick up a wheelchair and a chair for the shower.

She arrived home by 2pm and you couldn't wipe the smile off her face - she was home away from noise, crazy patients, smell of the hospital, plastic beds, plastic pillows, mushy food, shouting nurses, drips, drugs and operation tables...

To come home to her sparkling shining house, where her dog Rocky laid at her feet, she was able to look out at her beautiful rose garden and enjoy the sunshine - family beside her - what more could she want - the only thing was me, dad and the girls were so knackered we could hardly keep up a conversation...

I went to bed that night thankful for mum being home - with her toe intact. The doctors said that she was extremely lucky that she didn't lose her toe. We all know that it was the prayers for healing that saved it. I woke up at 3am thanking and praising God for his miracle...

She's home - my dad has a smile on his face again and I don't have to visit that flamin hospital anymore.....no more searching for carparks and getting in lifts

4 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger John said…

    She's home! Yeah! And looking great, thanks for everything Jeannie, you were a wonderful nurse! :)

    GBYAY

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Yeh - I've missed my lifes calling - not. You are doing a great job yourself Nurse Scotwise - larf larf...

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger pete porter said…

    Jeannie,
    That's great news, the Lord is faithful. He's so good!
    Be Blessed,
    Pete

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jeannie said…

    Hey Jules - you got that in one...

    Hi Bryan, thanks for popping in and your kind thoughts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home